About a month ago, Pittsburgh lost a piece of its notorious history when the building at 212 Blvd. of the Allies was demolished as part of a planned new development. Most Pittsburghers knew it as Papa J’s Centro before it closed. From the late 1800’s until 1936, it was one of Pittsburgh’s most successful brothels.
Even though the building is gone, we keep the story alive as part of the Notorious Pittsburgh tour. On an unseasonably warm day this past winter, UniversalWit grabbed a bunch of pictures as we found out the the demolition order had been signed: